Home Assist Secure
Longreach Home and Community Care Inc. strives to provide a professional, approachable service through the Home Assist Secure Program to eligible residents of Longreach, Ilfracombe, Winton, Jundah, Windorah and Stonehenge.
To be eligible for the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy (Home Assist Secure Program) funded services, the person must meet all of the following criteria:
- Aged 60 years or over or of any age with a disability
- A pensioner concession card holder
- Unable to complete the work themselves because it requires technical expertise or is a risk to their health and safety.
To receive subsidised assistance for repairs and maintenance, in addition to the above, the person must be unable to make use of alternate forms of assistance such as DVA, CHSP, family or friends.
- General handyman, household and yard maintenance
- Minor building and plumbing
- Installation of safety equipment such as grabrails, key safes and smoke alarms
Under the Program, Clients are able to receive free information about home safety issues, maintenance, repairs and minor modifications. Longreach Home and Community Care Inc. staff can also refer and/or assist Clients with employing tradespeople to undertake repairs or modifications, or plan future work.
If eligible, Clients may receive a financial contribution towards labour costs for minor home maintenance or modifications excluding maintenance or repairs that are considered to be the responsibility of the landlord (lessor) under Residential Tenancies legislation or tenancy agreements.
Examples of work that may be covered by the program include the installation of grab and shower rails, smoke and emergency alarms, taps, ramps and mobility aids, yard and outside maintenance.